I’ve got dreams, dreams to remember
Watch the game session on YouTube at https://youtu.be/jB17ZDPHzac
In the bowels of the hill giant steading, the PCs had freed the imprisoned dwarves, destroyed Evander Dross’ temple, and slain the froghemoth that infested the caves connected to the dungeon. They had pushed themselves to their limits and needed rest before facing Nosn’ra, the chieftain of the hill giants.
- The group scrubbed the cave to remove any signs they had passed through the area and rigged booby traps to at least warn them if someone approached.
- As Callie goes to sleep, she visits a particularly strong memory from 13 years ago when the group was facing the minions of the Lazghoul in the small town of Karvolia. The memory was of a battle in which Callie was reunited with her sister Cara (who almost killed everyone). The enemy was led by Blood Sister Alkava, a foe who came to become a nuisance to the PCs on numerous occasions.
- The group moved through the dungeon and returned to the secret door. Through the door, they found a false treasure room and beyond it, 4 catoblepas on the other side of portcullis bars.
- Callie communicated with the creatures and learned they were trained to guard another room beyond the one they were now in. The group wondered if they could turn the creature to their purposes but everyone disagreed on that idea. Ultimately, they decided to kill the creatures but did not prepare their focus fire well.
- They did a small amount of damage but scared the creatures into the back room where they could no longer be attacked through the bars.
END OF SESSION
Leave a Reply